Sunday, September 11, 2011

What type of coolant should I use in a 1996 Cadillac DeVille?

My parents' 1996 Cadillac DeVille was giving a low coolant warning. As I was checking it out, I noticed a tag that recommended only using silicate free antifreeze/coolant.





I'm not very familiar with this. What exactly is silicate free antifreeze? Can I get it at any autoparts store, or do I have to go to a dealer?





Thanks.|||Dexcool is the GM silicate free coolant. If something else has been added, you need to do a good flush. Mixing different types of coolant can have some nasty consequences.


You can find Dexcool just about anywhere antifreeze is sold.|||any auto-parts store carries this coolant.also ask the retailer what else might be compatible with your coolant.you might want to flush your system too if not recently done, because coolant only last for up too five years|||DEXCOOL orange coolant only|||Whatever you do, don't mix coolants or you'll gel them up.


If the auto parts place doesn't have it, your local GM dealer will.

No comments:

Post a Comment