Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I program my name into the DIC on my 2003 Cadillac Deville?

I just bought an '03 Deville. When I get into the car it says "Hi Dave;" Unfortunately my name is not Dave. (Apparently, the last owner's name was Dave).


The owner's manual says to go to a dealership to program the name. I didn't buy the car from a Cadillac dealer, I got it from a used car dealership. I would really like to avoid going to a Cadillac dealer to program my name in (I'm sure it would be super expensive). Does anybody know how I can program the name myself?|||I think it is too complicated to try and do it yourself. Just go to a Cadillac dealership and have them do it for you. A reputable dealership should not charge you anything to do it... but if they do, it would be around $50





Next time you get a oil change, go to the Cadillac dealership to get it done, and then while you are there get them to change your name too.





Good Luck and enjoy your new car.|||I just bought an 01 Oldsmobile Aurora with same issue. The DIC displays the former owner's name as [FORMER OWNER]'s Aurora. Didn't care about that feature but want the former owner's name gone. Couldn't find "go to the dealer" in the book. At least glad no one absolutely hacked the DIC to do it.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment