Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is gold plated Cadillac health insurance?

I've heard John McCain talk about his proposed $5,000 tax credit not covering those with the "gold plated Cadillac health insurance." He mentioned it most recently during the third presidential debate. What exactly is this? My employer offers three types of insurance (the highest costing one allows me to pay less out of pocket and lowers my deductible and vice-versa). Is this the "gold plated" one, or what exactly is McCain talking about?|||A gold plated policy would have a higher premium, low deductible, low co-pays, little or no co-insurance, with few or no limitations on services such as mental health care.


Don


http://mtnhealthinsurane.com|||~~I don't know what he was referring too. Again his lack of knowledge on anything to do with the economy. I have never seen or heard of a insurance which covers any type of elective surgery. So, still not sure what he was referring to. Of course I don't get to rub elbows in his elite circle, so who knows what is available to him and his cronies. However, in reference the rest of his plans, he is still for the business and top income earners to continue on with all the tax cuts, loopholes and protection.~~|||I can only assume he was talking about insurance that would cover frivolous or unnecessary procedures. What troubles me is what he lumped in as examples. Here's the quote:





"Now, 95 percent of the people in America will receive more money under my plan because they will receive not only their present benefits, which may be taxed, which will be taxed, but then you add $5,000 onto it, except for those people who have the gold-plated Cadillac insurance policies that have to do with cosmetic surgery and TRANSPLANTS [emphasis mine] and all of those kinds of things."





A kidney transplant gave my wife her life back last year. To equate breast augmentation and rhinoplasty with organ donation and transplants is troubling to say the least.|||Perhaps he is talking about the kind of insurance everyone had in the past, where the company you worked for offered free insurance with the job and you could go to any doctor or hospital you wanted and have it all covered with no deductibles, no phone calls for approval, or other payments. But that was prior to Reagan's election and the privatization of health care.|||Redlante! I thought I was the only one that caught that! Your are correct! WHAT THE HELL DID HE MEAN BY "Transplants". Why hasn't the media picked up on this?





McSame's plan is ridiculous. If I had to get my own insurance, which currently costs, including my company's contribution, $7500. That would leave me $2500 short. How is this better? Can anyone tell me?|||It is a policy that basically says that the insurance company will not question anything. Hair trasplants, penile extention, breast implants whatever you want they will pay for. No one should have that, period.|||People in the elite class that get insurance that includes frivilous surgeries like lipo and face lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment