Sunday, September 18, 2011

How to rebuild a 1963 Cadillac Hydra-Matic Transmission?

I would like to rebuild my 1963 Cadillac hydra-matic transmission myself due to the cost of taking it to someone. I can鈥檛 seem to find and books or instructions that might cover this transmission. Does anyone know where I can find some information on rebuilding it? Thanks.|||You might check with these guys:





http://www.themotorbookstore.com/19cafas鈥?/a>|||A 19-SIXTY-THREE year, model "Caddy" that hasn't already dissolved into a *rust heap*?!? You *must* have found a *JEWEL* that some *Caddy-luvin' " old rich guy kept stored in his garage for most of it's long, long life to be willing to spend the time and money on rebuilding the hydra-matic transmission thereof.





The *Hydra-matic* transmission was the *JEWEL* of GM built, top rated automobiles, after the ending of WW-II and the *boom* of new car building. But, - - - I wish you luck in finding old maintainance books that can guide you through, step-by-step, the proper proceedures for dismantling, rebuilding and reassembling/intalling the transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment