Thursday, September 15, 2011

My 1997 Cadillac StS is burning coolant. How long do you think I have before it is not drivable?

I have a 1997 cadillac Sts I got for a 1000 bucks its starting to burn coolant and I don't have money to put in to it. If I keep it filled with coolant how long do you think I could keep it going. Besides for that everything else is fine how much do you think it might be worth?|||if the northstar engine it will need the engine so start saving for that and keep it fuel of coolant which also will be expensive if you're going thru it fast|||Burning coolant? It's likely boiling off. Buy a $4 thermostat and a $2 can of radiator sealant and spend an hour changing out the defective thermostat. Save the coolant so it can be put back and then follow the directions on the sealant can.|||I assume you have a head gasket problem.


There are several pretty good head gasket stop leak products on the market. Ask your local parts store or do a web search.


You might get an additional month.


On a V8, there are two sets of cylinders. If only one has the problem, you should be able to limp along for 3 to 6 months.|||could last a really long time if you keep on top of the level. the norstar engines are crazy tough. my dad's 96deville(daily driver) has been using coolant for 5+years and is still going strong|||If it never overheats, years.......





If it does overheat, two days.|||yep thats what happens when you buy a car for 1000 bucks





(waits for all the thumbs down)

No comments:

Post a Comment